Micro Focus last week launched Data Protector Express and Data Protector Premium – the latest editions of its enterprise-grade backup and disaster recovery solutions. Built-on an adaptive architecture that combines analytics, automation, and built-in security, these solutions meet the most demanding data protection and compliance requirements for global enterprise hybrid IT environments.
“There is no room for error when it comes to protecting corporate data, and there is a very finite budget and set of resources for doing so,” said Balaji Venkatraman, Senior Director, PM and R&D at Micro Focus. “Users face this challenge frequently as they work through daily location and storage challenges, outages, breaches, data theft and more. Those considerations define our latest data protection solutions – they ensure that customers have the security, speed, control and flexibility to protect data wherever it resides within a hybrid IT environment and at a lower TCO than ever before.”
Data Protector Express
Featuring socket-based pricing, Data Protector Express is intended for highly virtualized enterprises that are looking for advanced enterprise-class protection for their virtual environments at an optimal price.
Data Protector Express capabilities include:
- Agent-less protection for both VMware and Hyper-V workloads
- Advanced VM recovery capabilities
- Integrated reporting and analytics
Data Protector Premium
Based on capacity-based licensing, Data Protector Premium is intended for enterprises that are looking for a unified backup and disaster recovery solution for mixed physical, virtual, and multi-cloud workloads.
The Premium edition includes:
- Integration with leading IT operations tools, including Micro Focus Business Value Dashboard and Operations Orchestration products
- Integrated reporting and analytics for deep insights that help organisations reduce cost and complexity of backup operations
- Native integrations with applications and infrastructure for high-speed backup and recovery at the highest level of integrity
- Integrations with leading Cloud providers that enable organisations to move secondary data to the cloud of their choice
A key use case of Data Protector Premium is industry-scale mission-critical SAP environment protection. As an SAP-certified solution, it provides application-consistent protection for both SAP and SAP HANA applications deployed on single and multi-node cluster deployments.
Pricing and Licensing
The latest Data Protector solutions allow customers flexible consumption of entitlement between Express and Premium versions. Customers can purchase the Express edition based on sockets to protect a virtualised environment. As their needs expand and an upgrade to the Premium edition is required, customers can easily switch to capacity-based consumption for mixed physical and virtual environments.