McAfee last week announced the availability of McAfee MVISION ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This new Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) deployment gives organisations more time to dedicate their efforts on security concerns by eliminating the typical hardware, software and database maintenance tasks associated with on-premises management solutions.
McAfee MVISION ePO is a SaaS solution that offers a simplified, centralised point of view and comprehension. It removes the deployment and maintenance overhead of backend infrastructure and allows customers to easily migrate their existing McAfee ePO environment. Organisations can focus exclusively on reducing security risk with the agility of AWS and always run the latest security capabilities. With McAfee MVISION ePO on AWS, McAfee manages the service and further leverages AWS to provide premier infrastructure.
“We’re excited to see the launch of McAfee MVISION ePO on AWS, giving enterprises the ability to continue their cloud journey with an additional layer of security,” said Rohit Gupta, global segment leader, Security, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “We look forward to continuing and strengthening our relationship with McAfee in the future.”
“With AWS, we can simplify the deployment of McAfee MVISION ePO to remove barriers for customers and allow them to take advantage of our security management platform from anywhere,” said Raja Patel, vice president and general manager of Corporate Security Products, McAfee. “Offering McAfee MVISION ePO on AWS, an open and integrated security management console, supports our customers’ cloud transformation and allows their security technologies to work in tandem to create a strengthened defence.”
In addition to McAfee MVISION ePO delivered as SaaS on AWS, McAfee also offers:
- McAfee ePO on AWS Quick Start: McAfee on AWS Quick Start removes the need to size and design deployment architectures through guided set up Wizards and complete setup of a single-tenant, self-managed instance of McAfee ePO on AWS in less than an hour. It also lessens infrastructure maintenance where expertise may be required such as database management, scaling and select updating. Disaster recovery is simpler.
- McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud for AWS: A cloud access security broker (CASB) that provides an exhaustive cloud security solution that works consistently across Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and SaaS. Skyhigh for AWS provides an application programming interface (API) integration with AWS infrastructure to enforce security controls that span from the IaaS/PaaS infrastructure all the way up to custom applications to help enterprises meet their security, compliance and governance requirements.
- Cloud Workload Security for AWS: Allows organizations to quickly discover workloads across multiple AWS accounts and visualize their security status in one single dashboard, extending beyond AWS to a complete hybrid cloud architecture. From this view, advanced threat protection measures can be deployed as workloads, or be deployed as code through integration with automation tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- McAfee Virtual Network Security Platform (McAfee vNSP) for AWS: offers a hands-on experience running advanced security on AWS. Unlike other solutions, McAfee vNSP can micro-segment policy at the workload level instead of a single point of failure. As part of a free test drive, participants can simulate real-world attack use cases, configure policy and review reporting dashboards.
- McAfee Web Gateway for AWS: With its nearly unlimited policy flexibility and strength in zero-day malware prevention, McAfee Web Gateway can be deployed as a virtual machine on AWS for multiple enterprise security use cases, including protecting cloud workloads, complementing virtual desktop infrastructure, and shifting web Gateway policy management to the cloud.