McAfee has announced the launch of its McAfee MVISION portfolio, a solution that allows customers to deploy security on their terms as they move to the cloud. The newly announced MVISION solutions, McAfee MVISION EDR and McAfee MVISION Cloud promises to deliver comprehensive and integrated device-to-cloud data protection and threat prevention capabilities that give customers a simpler and faster approach to mitigating their risk of data loss.
Mr. Chris Young, chief executive officer, McAfee said “McAfee is delivering a cloud-native portfolio, designed to protect data and stop threats, from device to cloud. Digital transformation is inevitable; we urge our customers to utilize the MVISION portfolio to feel empowered against an expanding threatscape as they advance their organization.”
Digital transformation is driving the need for a cloud-first approach to security. For organizations to adopt the cloud with peace of mind, they not only need visibility into data and applications, but consistent data and threat protection policies across their data and applications wherever they reside. McAfee is enabling organizations to mount a powerful threat and data-centric defense spanning from device to the cloud with its unified Data Protection through MVISION EDR, MVISION Cloud and McAfee ePO.
McAfee MVISION EDR
McAfee MVISION EDR utilizes advanced analytics to identify and prioritize suspicious behaviour from contextually rich endpoint data, helps guide and automate in-depth investigations to reduce the tactical strain on security analysts and enables rapid response with direct actions and broader integration to the security ecosystem. The solution delivers:
- Cloud-based analytics: Cloud analytics leverage the Mitre ATT&CK1 framework to uncover and prioritize a broad spectrum of suspicious behaviors, helping analysts quickly understand risk severity and take appropriate next steps: dismiss, respond or investigate.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven investigation:Accelerates investigation and evidence gathering with dynamic investigation guides that address the cyber-skills gap by up-leveling junior analysts and improving senior analyst efficiency. In McAfee’s own internal security operations experience, the company was able to up-skill level-1 operators and achieve up to a 15x reduction in time to investigate.
- Rapid Response: Enables affected systems to be quickly contained with a single click, while ecosystem integrations support security team workflows and processes to increase operational efficiency.
McAfee MVISION Cloud
The McAfee MVISION Cloud platform enables enterprises to adopt cloud services while securing both sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud services, protect sensitive data across the cloud and stop the most advanced threats. The solution delivers:
- Visibility into data, context and user behaviour:Provides visibility and control across all cloud services, employing a combination of API- and proxy-enabled approaches, with DLP policy that can be extended from devices to the cloud. This includes content scanning, logging and activity monitoring and threat and malware detection.
- Centralized management: Delivers consistent and comprehensive management across public cloud services spanning the SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS spectrum, like Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Advanced Threat Protection: Protects against malware and external and insider threats through UEBA (User and Entity Behaviour Analytics) driven by machine learning built for the scale and elasticity of cloud environments.
McAfee Device-to-Cloud Unified Data Protection
The latest integration between McAfee Endpoint DLP and Skyhigh Security Cloud DLP offers the same data loss prevention (DLP) policy engine across endpoints, networks and the cloud. McAfee Unified Data Protection offers users a single-pane-of-glass to manage all DLP incidents and reporting via McAfee ePO leading to simplicity, increased business efficiency and improved security.
“The new MVISION portfolio of Enterprise products is designed to help our customers stay on top of the evolving security needs, from device to cloud, with a solution that is simple, flexible, comprehensive and fast, so that our customers can act decisively and mitigate risks” said Raja Patel, vice president and general manager of Corporate Security Products, McAfee.
McAfee ePO-Unified Data Protection will be available late October and MVISION EDR will be available in Q1 2019.