A new introduction by Cisco Meraki expands the portfolio giving IT teams a simple, secure, and intelligent platform for building and managing the network for their digital business. The idea is to help customers address their complex security landscape by integrating Cisco Meraki with Cisco security solutions.
Cisco Meraki enables IT teams to embrace innovation and with new new offerings from Cisco Meraki, partners are able to address a broader market and increase engagement with customers. The expansion of its portfolio along with additional integration of Cisco networking and security innovation into its solutions. New, cloud-managed networking and security offerings will simplify the customer journey to secure, next-generation networking technology. The new solutions also enable customers to further realize Cisco Meraki’s overarching mission to make a digital business as simple to run as possible without sacrificing performance or security.The new Cisco Meraki solutions include:
- MS390:A next-generation access switch that combines the simplicity of Meraki with the power of Cisco switching innovations. Building on Cisco Meraki’s intent-based networking solution, this is the first Meraki switch built with Cisco Catalyst hardware innovations combined with Cisco Meraki software innovations.
- Adaptive Policy:Cisco Meraki Adaptive Policy allows organizations to group users, applications and devices to easily apply the right policies. Adaptive Policy is a part of Cisco’s Zero Trust Security initiative, and will enable advanced multi-domain policy support between Meraki and a SD-Access fabric deployment.
- Cisco Meraki Security Innovations: Cisco Meraki is introducing new security features, as well as further multi-domain integrations with Cisco’s industry-leading security portfolio. This includes the introduction of Meraki Trusted Access, which provides device authentication without the need for an MDM solution. Other innovations include DNS traffic protection and content filtering on the Meraki MR powered by Umbrella, and enhanced Security Appliance Firewall rules.
- Meraki Gateway (MG): A new product line for Cisco Meraki, Meraki Gateway (MG) is a wireless WAN cellular gateway that unlocks the power of cellular connectivity while offering simple provisioning and management.
“Our goal has always been to empower our customers to do what’s best for their business by providing a network solution that allows them to focus on what is most important,” said Todd Nightingale, SVP/GM, Cisco Meraki.
“LTE, Wi-Fi 6, IoT and the other countless networking innovations available today can seem daunting, but with the right architecture and the right security in place, IT can be adapted to meet the needs of the business at any scale. So, whether it is someone managing one site or one hundred sites, we aim to provide our customers with the most powerful and most simple option.”
Cisco Meraki Accelerates Partner Impact
For partners, Cisco Meraki’s approach to networking has provided immense growth opportunities. By simplifying the implementation of networking and security, Cisco Meraki partners are able to spend less time building networks for customers, getting customers up and running sooner.
In addition, Cisco Meraki’s network is open and extensible, enabling partners to integrate and build value-added applications and services on top of Cisco Meraki’s platform.
- The MS390 and MG21/21E will be orderable in Cisco’s second fiscal quarter
- Trusted Access, Enhanced Security Appliance Firewall rules, and Umbrella licensing and Integration will be available in Cisco’s second fiscal quarter.
(Image Courtesy: www.networkworld.com)