- 93% Organizations are moderately to extremely concerned about cloud security.
- 28% organizations experienced a public cloud related security incident in the last 12 months.
- 84% organizations are at least moderately confident in their cloud security posture
- 84% Most organizations are at least moderately confident in their cloud security posture
- The top cloud security challenges highlighted in the survey are about data loss (64%) and data privacy (62%).
- The top two security headaches SOCs are struggling with are compliance (34%) and lack of visibility into infrastructure security (33%).
- Unauthorized access (42%) and insecure interfaces (42%) take the number one spot in this year’s survey as the single biggest vulnerability to cloud security. This is followed by misconfiguration of the cloud platform (40%), and hijacking of accounts (39%).
- Organizations recognize several key advantages of deploying cloud-based security solutions. Respondents selected:
Cost savings (42%)
Faster time to deployment (39%)
better performance (34%)
- The survey reveals that the biggest challenge organizations are facing is not technology, but people and processes. Staff expertise and training (41%) continues to rank as the highest barrier, followed by budget challenges (40%), data privacy concerns (38%), and lack of integration with on-premises platforms (34%).
- Top 10 most valued security certifications: